Sunday, 12 September 2010

Episode I - Three is a magic number

Week 1 - 6.9.10

For our Ensemble this year, we must place ourselves into bands and between us decide on a particular genre or band, in which we will both research and perform relevant compositions. I always had a trio in mind for my ensemble this year and I was lucky enough to get Patch Adams and John Greensmith on board with me. Patch is a fantastic bass player who i have played with in the Beatles band in the HND. He has a great knowledge of his instrument coupled with enthusiasm and dedication. Greensmith and I have worked together on a number projects, all with a great amount of success. I am glad we are doing a trio this year, as i can finally show people that I can play guitar.
When we first got together, we brainstormed the idea of the trio and what artists work well in this format. After much discussion on the subject, we decided that we would base our entire project on the evolution of the trio throughout popular music! This lead us to a rough set list consisting of:
60's - Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix Experience
70's - Crossroads - Cream
80's - Roxanne - The Police
90's - Rape Me - Nirvana (I disagreed with this song choice)
00's - Knights of Cydonia - Muse
- Glitter and Trauma - Biffy Clyro (I suggested John Mayer)

As patch did not have his bass and i did not have my mike, we decided to call it a day and get back to our humble abodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment